My shelves make me happy

I hate to admit it but I get *so* grumpy when my husband brings home the groceries.

Don't get me wrong.  I am supremely thankful he does all the cooking and all the grocery shopping.

My husband = Top Chef!


  • His ability to cook wonderful things from whatever is lying about (and in whatever state of chaos is found in the kitchen) amazes me.
  • But me? -- I'm easily overwhelmed by choices (ack! all those shelves in the grocery store) and by disorganization.
When the new groceries come home I have to try to figure out where to put them and there never seems to be enough space.


  • I like spaces to be designated for one type of item in the fridge, pantry, and storage closets.
  • But somehow everything spills over into the space belonging to something else...sort of a theme here! 

So every couple of months I reorganize everything.


Rows of condiments, pickles, pasta sauces/cheese, jelly, dairy

We all know it won't last. But for now I'm going to just breathe and enjoy my few days of peace whenever I look at my shelves and see symmetry.

Every bean has its own row = Joy.
I save the boxes that bulk canned items come in and recycle
them into storage for different cans.

Rows for condiments, dressings, every form of canned tomato,
broths, pastas, fruits, veggies = More Joy.

I've been doing everything on the cheap. But these clear stackable Fridge Binz items would be great to help organize the refrigerator. Maybe it would help enforce boundaries of items?!




These can organizers would be fabulous too. Rotating can racks would save time instead of taking everything out and reorganizing rows by "last in first out."

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...