Upgrading the grilled cheese sandwich

I hate cooking. I hate making lunches. I do not like making changes to my comfort foods.  My mashed potatoes are just fine without garlic or potato peels, thank you very much.

So I'm a little surprised I actually kinda liked these suggestions in the September 2011 issue of Real Simple magazine for tinkering with the classic grilled cheese sandwich.

James Wojcik at Real Simple
1. California Grilled Cheese = Grilled cheese + 1/2 small avocado thinly sliced + 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced

2. Pear and Bacon Grilled Cheese = Grilled cheese + 2 Tbs currant or fig jam + 2 slices cooked bacon + 1/2 small pear thinly sliced

3. Pesto and Tomato Grilled Cheese = Grilled cheese + 2 Tbs pesto + 2 thin slices tomato

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...