Help for the mom who forgets food is cooking on the stove

I'm a distracted mom.  I am NOT one of those Super Moms who can multi-task.  I was born to one, but I'm not one myself. 

That's why I get such a chuckle out of distracted-mother-author Carol Barnier's books like "How to Get your Kid off the Refrigerator and on to Learning" and "If I'm diapering the watermelon then where did I put the baby?" 

By the way, in addition to her blog she also has a fabulous website Where Highly Distractible People are Celebrated, Encouraged and Empowered. Oh. But I digress.  See what I mean?

Anyone who knows me knows that I am also culinarily-challenged!   I'm afraid of being turned into "What Not to Wear" AND "Worst Cooks in America." But again, I digress.

If I have to apply heat to anything or use a sharp utensil you better get out of the kitchen!!  I need total concentration.  Cooking is equivalent to doing brain surgery in my world.

So I was really happy to find this cookbook "Hands-Off Cooking: Low-Supervision, High-Flavor Meals for Busy People" by Ann Martin Rolke.


Here's a pretty picture of one of Ann's recipes made and photographed by Elise, a blogger friend of the author. Doesn't this look yummy?!

Now THIS sounds like a book for a mom who burns pancakes and grilled cheese or makes mushy boxed mac and cheese because she forgets they are on the stove.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...