|Photo: Of Good Report or Praiseworthy|
Do you wander the aisles waiting for something to speak to you?
Do you gravitate toward whatever is new or recommended by the staff?
I usually wander aimlessly, searching for "just the right book."
The problem is that I don't often know how to describe that "right book."
- A good book is enlightening and energizing. I dance around on clouds for a few days.
- The wrong book leaves me angry that I wasted my time and loathing the book. I get grumpy.
- Needless to say, finding the "right book" is high stakes!!
I've decided this is what a good reading book is for me:
- It teaches me about another culture or another time
- It is usually told from a first person perspective or reveals truths about a real person or character(s) and thus life itself
- It makes me laugh or gives me ideas
- It lets me escape in some way
- It doesn't make me angry, sad, or depressed!!