DIY Shoe Storage

I was ready to get the economical shoe storage racks yesterday, but I convinced myself I could save that money for other storage projects.

So I've got to deconstruct those free MSU salvage hutches and rebuild them. Of course, the outdoors is the only place large enough to work on that project.

So today's sunshine and spring-like weather is nudging me to consider this project a real possibility in the near future. Too bad it's supposed to rain all weekend :(

Basic DIY

Here are some great tips from builder, Tim Carter, on building a cubby with pigeon holes:


Cubby hole sizes:
  • 9" wide x 6" high x 11.5" deep (works for shoes, slippers, etc.)
  • 10" wide x 12" high x 11.5" deep (works for work boots, roller skates, etc. though they may stick out of the front)

Materials:

  • 3/4" plywood
  • 3/4" wide x 1/4" thick screen stop molding to hide the coarse plywood edge of each divider

DIY for everyone!

Here are more DIY ideas from Domino magazine depending on your level:

(Get it quick! March 2009 is their last issue!)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...